Checkers is the simplest game to learn and play among board games, although there is no exact information about its historical process. Checkers is known as the ancestor of chess in most countries and remains popular today. Now, let’s take a closer look at how to play Checkers, which is easy to play but also fun.
Checkers is a game that has many different varieties, including “Turkish Checkers.” We can list their general features and gameplay as follows;
- Played mutually by two players
- The checkerboard can consist of 8×8, 10×10 or 12×12 squares.
- Unlike chess, all pieces have the same properties.
- The stones are placed in the 2nd and 3rd rows, leaving the last row empty according to the players themselves.
- Stones can move up one square at a time.
- Stones that move forward can never move backwards. Stones must always go forward.
- To disable the opponent’s piece, it is necessary to jump over it. During this move, the square behind the opponent’s piece must be empty. It can disable more than one opponent piece at a time.
- When each player reaches the last square that the opponent left blank at the beginning of the game, checkers are realized.
- Another stone placed on dama stone is different from other stones.
- Dama stone is the only distinctive feature of checkers. It can move forward and backward. The ability to disable opponent pieces is the same as for other pieces.
- Dama stone can also be disabled by jumping over it like other stones.
- If you have a move in the game that will disable the opponent pieces, you must use it.
- You have the chance to make 2 different moves to disable the opponent’s pieces, and if you will disable the equal number of pieces with these moves, you are free to use the move you want.
- You have the chance to make 2 different moves to disable the opponent’s pieces, and if you have a chance to eliminate 2 pieces in one of these moves and 1 piece in the other, you have to choose the move where you will disable more pieces.
- If both players have one stone left, the game will be drawn.
- If all pieces of either player are out of play, it means that player is defeated.
All rights of this article belong to www.pophaber.com
Bu Makaleyi Türkçe Çevirisi İle Okumak İçin TIKLAYIN!